AREA – AREA 8
YEAR – 2018-19
CHAIRMAN – LMF Tr Rishabh Jain
GO GREEN CONVENOR – LMF Tr Vivek Mittal
“With melting snow,
One day will come, when everything will sink,
How can we save all let’s just think,
The answer is GO-GREEN…..GO-GREEN…”
With these thoughts Area 8 started their Go Green campaign for 2018-19. We cannot thank enough National Team for bringing front such a beautiful convenorship. It is the only convenorship wherein when you perform you not only give back to Mother Nature but also securing a good life for yourself and for the generations to come in.
When I was appointed as Area 8 Go Green Convenor, intentions were clear to make every table perform. Being a new convenorship, I had no one from whom I can take or exchange ideas. I would like to thank our Area Chairman for always giving me the liberty to work in my ways.
We had a whooping start to Go Green. In first quarter itself 11 out of 18 tables performed beautifully. In specific 15th August was celebrated as Go Green by all the tables. We covered a beautiful event across Area 8 in which:
- Chairman of all tables identified one convenor for the event
- Convenor had to distribute saplings to all tablers before 15th August
- Tablers at their own discretion can pay any amount for the sapling (if at all they want). All fund generated will be used for Community Service by the table
- Each tabler had to sow that seed with their children on 15th August and share the photo of event with their Table Secretaries
- All tables can then share the collage of this activity done by their tablers,
- In this event, we covered 3 main aspects of tabling: Go Green Initiative, Community Service Fund Generation and Twinklers activity.
Apart from that some of the major events that got covered in 1st Qaurter:
- Bareilly Round Table 45 distributed indoor plants to all the tablers for their offices and residence. Not only these plants keep oxygen level high indoors but also deliver a sense of caring. Thus making us a little ‘more’ human.
- Kanpur Cosmopolitan Round Table 111 distributed seeds and plants to all tablers of KCRT 111. Extending the cause, they also distributed plants to all students in their FTE School and plantation was done in school premises too. Students were also explained benefits of plantation and asked them to spread awareness regarding clean and green Kanpur. All tablers planted their plants / seeds with their twinklers. Thereby spreading awareness to all twinklers too.
- Kanpur Heritage Round Table 125, Varanasi Round Table 196, Varanasi Royals Round Table 218 did plantation of saplings in the school. They explained students the importance of plantation and how necessary it is now to take strong steps towards GOING GREEN.
- Lucknow Round Table 136 did plantation of 100 saplings on 15th August at required places in Lucknow. 1 Tree grown saves many lives. Kudos to LRT 136 for making it 100 times more. On the birthdays of tablers, a gift of a sapling is sent and in return the “birthday boy” plants it and posts pictures on Social Medias. This is to create more awareness and inspire more and more people to plant saplings.
- Varanasi Royals Round Table 218 went step ahead and got their twinklers involved in Go Green Activity. They named it ‘SEED THROWING PROJECT’. In this, twinklers sprinkled seeds in bulk thereby aiding high yielding rate. Twinklers learnt how trees are important for our environment and ecological balance.
- LMRT 255 had something else in bag to offer Mother Nature. Use of poly bags is a big menace for the life system. Poly bag does not get decomposed for thousands of years. Thousand of stray animals die eating those poly bags. Biggest of drainage systems choke because of these poly bags. Tablers of LMRT 255 distributed BROWN PAPER Bags with RTI BRANDING to create awareness about using organic bags and discouraging the use of plastics. All vendors benefitted vowed to stop using plastic bags from immediate bags.
- Varanasi Elite Round Table 278 planted 8000 plants in a village. With 8000 plants at a stretch, VERT 278 broke all barriers of going Green. A task of such magnitude needs intention and great efforts.
- Shahjahanpur Round Table 298 initiated the ‘IMPORTANT DATES GO GREEN CONCEPT’. Under this they are gifting a sapling to tablers on every important dates like Birthday, Anniversaries, Twinklers Birthday or be it any family member important dates as well.
- Sitapur Round Table 318 distributed saplings to tablers and their family on Independence Day for growing them in their kitchen, garden or be it anywhere and taking care of it till they start bearing fruits. The one with the best plant and fruits will win the competition. This will generate an extra sense of caring for what tablers planted thereby giving a high yielding rate.
- Moradabad Round Table 319 planted 500 trees in a village called Awganpur involving the local authority gram panchayat on government land. The village has strength of 4000 people approx.
With so much happening under Go Green in Area 8, National declared a dedicated day in RTI Week for Go Green. 12 out of 18 tables performed exceptionally well in RTI Week. All the tablers did actrivities in their own unique ways thus making it a great success.
Till date Area 8 has made:
|TOTAL INVESTMENT||NUMBER OF PEOPLE BENEFITTED|
That is the beauty of events covered under Go Green, with least investment you get the maximum number of people benefitted.
I am sure with such response and fact sheet we have a long way to go under ‘GO GREEN’. We the round tablers have always benefitted the society in way or other. It is time to go beyond that.
IT IS TIME TO ‘GO GREEN’!